ESG Supply Chain Manager for Climate and Nature
£400 - £450 per day
12 days ago
My client is the UK's largest long-term savings and retirement business. They hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world and is currently looking for a dynamic and motivated ESG Supply Chain Manager (Climate and Nature) for 6 months contract to develop the supply chain ESG strategy and the roll out of initiatives that support the environmental and climate pillar of this programme.
This is a 6-months contract, offering £450 per day (umbrella, inside IR35), with hybrid working from home and in the office in London.
They key aspect of your this will be leading on net zero initiatives, including a bespoke engagement programme for out top 100 emitters, and ensuring that climate-related issues and aspects are integrated into the programme and proactively managed. In the longer-term this requires looking at wider challenges that intersect with nature-related environmental issues which also affect human rights and other social aspects of in the supply chain e.g., climate justice.
Your challenges include:
- Delivering for our Group and ESG supply chain strategy, including delivering ambitious programmes of work against stated KPIs
- Collaborate with the Procurement, Category and Commercial Partnerships teams (as well as key teams across the group) to embed ESG goals in their strategies and supplier partnerships.
- Liaise with suppliers and internal teams to capture data relating to nature, human rights, net zero and broader ESG performance.
- Collaborate with suppliers to support their Nature, Climate & Net Zero strategies.
- Monitor and evaluate supplier ESG performance and report on progress.
- Work with suppliers on specific projects aimed at improving their ESG performance.
- Lead on development and roll out of internal and external training, leading on delivering training as appropriate.
- Lead on reporting for the delivery of ESG reporting, analytics and insights, development of MI reports and updates to key stakeholders, as appropriate.
To be successful in this role, you have
- Understanding of TFND, TCFD and other key nature/climate/net zero frameworks, as well as relevant regulations
- Relationship with suppliers to engage, challenge and support their development of their net zero/climate and nature strategies and initiatives. Play key role in onboarding of suppliers in the climate and nature element of the programme.
- On boarding of internal teams, Procurement and Relationship Managers to the climate, nature, and net zero challenges & procurement's role within that.
- Jointly and collaboratively map nature and relevant climate issues within supply chain, engaging key suppliers to tackle nature and climate hot spots, and working with suppliers to set ambitious targets.
- Establish and maintain a cadence for reviewing progress against your key projects; follow up on specific actions to ensure that the overall goals are delivered.
- Ensure Nature and Net Zero roadmaps are integrated into corporate/material strategy with relevant Sustainable Sourcing and buying teams.
- Ensure the latest thinking is built into our engagement programme by working externally with peers and other organisations.
Interested? Please Dagmara.Kruczkowska@1st-executive.com to discuss similar senior executive positions or to explore how we might work together in the future.