ESG Assurance Manager
€50000 - €75000 per annum + + additional benefits
19 days ago
My client is part of a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. With over 3,500 employees in the Netherlands in 12 offices, the goal is to help leading organisations to look ahead and make the right sustainable choices.
My client hires and develops the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world and is currently looking for a dynamic and motivated Senior Consultant or Manager for ESG Assurance to ensure the reliability of the ESG information, in order to provide confidence to stakeholders such as consumers, shareholders, employees, NGOs, governments and many others with reliable ESG information.
Your challenges include:
- you work with colleagues from different departments and countries on assignments for multiple international clients. Including various fields such as CO2 emissions, safety, human rights, and innovation.
- you will work in teams in which automated web, data and text analysis tools are used to verify the report is an accurate and complete representation of reality. You also have a lot of conversations with customers to understand their processes and to investigate whether measures are needed to ensure that the information in the report is correct. With the same goal, you go on site visits to your customers in different countries.
- in addition to assurance, you are also involved in assignments for clients, especially in the field of ESG reporting and CSRD compliance.
To be successful in this role:
- you have work experience, preferably also in the field of assurance/ ESG reporting.
- you have completed an academic education in a relevant field. A Postmaster Register Accountant training (or equivalent such as CPA) is an advantage but not a must have. You have experience in carrying out (Assurance) assignments as part of a team, and able to coach more junior colleagues.
- you have strong communication skills (Dutch and English), you're commercially and conceptually strong and you understand project management and consultancy skills.
- you have an affinity with reporting and ESG.
- you have a relevant degree in finance (accounting/economics), chemical engineering, social sciences, sciences, geography, geology (or similar). It is considered a plus if you have obtained a postgraduate qualification (relevant to the Sustainability Assurance domain) and/or have participated in courses covering technical skills and knowledge of sustainability assurance and the applicable reporting frameworks.
Interested? Please contact Dagmara.Kruczkowska@1st-executive.com to discuss similar positions or to explore how we might work together in the future.