£40000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Engineering/Steel Senior Buyer, £45,000 Permanent
Kent - DIRECT PROCUREMENT/PERMANENT
I am currently working with an Engineering/Steel business who are leading providers in the southeast within their industry/sector. My client is based in Kent and looking for someone who is experienced within the Steel/Metals industry to join their team as a Senior Buyer.
Previous engineering/steel or metals experience is highly desirable along with strong commercial acumen during times of market fluctuations. This individual won't be afraid to roll their sleeves up and will want to progress as the opportunity may arise for further growth throughout the business in the near future.
Senior Buyer - £45,000 (Fully site based)
Role: Senior Buyer
Salary: Up to £45k + Discretionary Bonus
Location: Kent (Fully site based)
- Implement procurement strategy and policies while conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best cost, delivery schedules and quality.
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on cost, commercial and technical factors
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress - checking the quality KPI´s of service provided.
- Maintaining key relationships and developing new Steel Suppliers.
- Identification of technical and commercial cross-programme improvement areas.
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and internal customers.
- Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and internal customers and assist in building effective partnerships.
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities. Prepare market analysis and possible growth.
- Coordinate with Engineering team for Engineering changes for both internal and customer Changes.
- Previous experience within Metals/Steel industry.
- Knowledge and skill in Procurement process, (scoping, briefing, tendering, selection, contract negotiation, including service level agreements, and management of supplier)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work effectively with teams.
- Understanding of cost drivers in a Engineering/Steel & Metals environment.
- High degree of commercial acumen coupled with excellent organisational and documentation skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to be proactive to any problems/queries that may arise.
If you are interested in the role, apply and I will be in touch!