$competitive + bonus + package
about 1 month ago
Role: Energy Procurement Category Manager - North America
Location: Atlanta, GA (Hybrid)
Salary: Competitive + bonus & package
Excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and global procurement function within one of the largest multi-$bn manufacturing companies. Excitingly, the organisation is going through a procurement transformation and gives the successful applicant the opportunity to raise the profile of procurement within their region.
You will focus on Procurement Category Management for Energy with the entirety of Northern America under your remit. You will lead the strategic efforts in the procurement of energy-related goods and services, which will include developing and executing comprehensive category strategies, conducting market research, managing supplier relationships, and driving sustainability initiatives. You will also play a pivotal role in the organisation's decarbonisation efforts.
You'll directly report to the North American Senior Procurement Director and have regular engagement with the Global Head of Energy, plus a vast range of senior stakeholders globally.
The ideal candidate will ideally have several years of procurement and energy/utility experience including negotiating, contract management and decarbonisation programmes. You will also have strong stakeholder management experience - a core part of this role.
- Category strategy development for the Energy sector in North America
- Market Research and Analysis to identify trends, pricing fluctuations, and emerging technologies within the Energy category. Then, translate findings into actionable insights for procurement decisions.
- Supplier Management: Establish and nurture relationships with key suppliers in the Energy sector. Negotiate contracts, manage performance, and ensure compliance with agreed-upon terms and conditions.
- Cost Optimization
- Decarbonization Initiatives to reduce carbon footprint
- Risk Management to align with Group Energy risk policies
- Collaboration and Communication across centrally and locally managed projects. You participate in Energy Team meetings and work with cross-functional teams including operations, finance, and legal departments
- Sustainability and Compliance to drive sustainable procurement practices within the Energy category to ensure adherence to ESG standards
- Control Budgets and Forecasts related to the Energy category while developing and monitoring forecasts to ensure accurate financial targets are provided to the business.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with increasing responsibility
- Knowledge of North American Energy markets and regulations, including natural gas and electricity in regulated and deregulated markets
- Negotiations on high-value national contracts
If of interest, please let me know ASAP and ideally send your current CV along with a brief outline of your relevant Energy/Procurement experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you know someone else that may be interested, please forward this to them.