€20000 - €70000 per annum + + benefits
3 months ago
Distribution Manager - Dusseldorf - Competitive package and benefits.
Are you fluent in English and German and looking for a role based in Germany for a leading FMCG food company with thousands of retail sites across Europe and further afield. The job offers the scope to identify significant improvement opportunities with the power to make your mark and drive these opportunities forward.
The Distribution Manager is responsible for the full management of the distributors in defined countries to increase efficiency's at a distributor level and bring a positive impact to the business as a whole.
- Direct management of distributors and / or re-distributors
- To identify through investigation and communication significant improvement opportunities and suggest ways in which to release these opportunities; setting and monitoring of KPI's and corrective action plans.
- Ensure monthly distributor reviews are carried out and action points are completed on time.
- Work closely with the Retail Support Team and Purchasing on promotion, price changes, new products
- Work in conjunction with the purchasing teams, suppliers and the supply chain team to identify projects which will improve the capability of opening new retail locations
- Work together / challenge distributor on identifying efficiency's and action plan for implementations
- Work with all the distribution team on harmonisation of processes at distributor's
- Work with all the distribution team on harmonisation across countries of any innovation at distributor level.
- In communication with stakeholders, track and report on progress of current projects on a regular basis and in a consistent format.
- Identify risks inherent in current processes and build solutions and contingency plans
- Responsible of the follow up and update of the Pan European contingency plan and the mock test in the countries the person is in charge of
- Participate at market reviews and tenders
- Work on global distribution projects and take an active role in ensuring implementation and ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Participate as a member of industry focused organisations, developing an understanding of industry trends
- Fluency in English and German, plus French knowledge would be an advantage
- Extensive Supply chain / distribution experience / expertise
- Experience of working in a food retail environment
- Some knowledge of project management
- Strong analytic skills; numerate with the ability to decipher complex information
- Enquiring mind; able to identify gaps and design solutions to improve service
- Self-sufficient and well organised; able to manage own schedule effectively
- Excellent communicator at all levels and across all business functions both externally and internally
- Ability to build strong relationships and networks
- Agile and able change direction and respond to requirements within a changing environment.
To learn more, please apply to this job and email email@example.com (ideally send a current CV).