£45000 - £50000 per annum + + bonus up to 32%
12 months ago
With strategic approach to Sustainability and corporate purpose of helping others, we have job opportunity for you to join the UK's largest investment business based in London.
It is an extremely exciting time to get involved in driving forward our client's sustainability ambitions, that's why we are re looking for a Digital Inclusion Manager to do just that.
Role: Digital Inclusion Manager
Location: London / Edinburgh (party remote)
Salary: up to £50K + bonus up to 32%, 38 days holidays, private medical cover, generous pension, 12x Life Assurance, volunteering days, plus lots more!
We are looking for someone who is passionate about ensuring that digital channels are accessible to all and designed with inclusivity in mind to define and drive forward our digital inclusion strategy as well as project manage key deliverables as part of our client's strategy.
You'll have the opportunity to lead digital inclusion strategy, targeting segments of client's customers to remove digital barriers and meeting more bespoke digital needs. You will be responsible for solutioning for real customer issues and implementing a range of initiatives across digital inclusion, being accountable for delivery and measurement of success.
You must be passionate about making financial services accessible to as many people as possible, be able to effectively communicate to senior stakeholders and demonstrate strong project management skills.
What do you need to succeed:
- Strong evidence of strategy development and implementation in the digital inclusion space
- Demonstrable experience of leading a programme of work with a specific focus on customer proposition
- Experience of delivering as part of a cross-functional team, preferably within an agile environment
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure with resilience
- Driven, enthusiast and delivery focussed
- Passionate about delivering for and making a difference to customers
- Project management, leadership, and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the business
Why this role?
Bring your 'whole self', skills and dedication to the client and they will recognise your effort, support your development, and help to drive your ambition. They will ensure you're rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
If you are interested, please either apply to this job or send your CV and a brief outline of your relevant experience to email@example.com. If you know someone else that may be interested, please forward this to them.