£50000 - £54000 per annum + Pension
17 days ago
Role: Contract Supplier Manager
Salary: Up to £54K + 40 days annual leave + 27% Pension
Location: Edinburgh (2 days p/w in the office)
I have a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting client of mine who are currently going through a Procurement Transformation. My client has an award-winning procurement team who aim to deliver world-class Procurement & Commercial services. Based in the heart of Edinburgh, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, this role has a lot more to offer than meets the eye!
My client is looking for a Contract & Supplier Management Lead to join the Strategic Procurement team. The Department currently comprises of four 'Category' Teams; Information Services & IT, Professional Campus Services, Estates & Buildings, and Laboratories & Medical.
Reporting to the Head of Strategic Procurement, the Contract & Supplier Management Lead is responsible for leading the delivery and development of the Contract and Supplier Management (CSM) framework and activities within the Procurement Department, ensuring the right outcomes are delivered and the performance of contracts is maximised
- Lead and manage a team of four Contract and Supplier Management Specialists to deliver a commercially focused service.
- Effectively manage and monitoring supplier performance and supply chain risks.
- Deliver commercial and operational value through its contracts with its suppliers, driving cost reducing and increasing value-add.
- Forward the responsible procurement agenda by delivering of environmental and social impact through the life of the contracts.
- Identify opportunities for in-life innovation and creativity to drive efficiency and consistency.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- Previous experience of managing a team, possession of good leadership qualities.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with a passion to help shape and develop the organisations Procurement service.
- Practical experience and sound theoretical knowledge of end-to-end tendering procedures, including use of e-Tendering systems.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and commercial judgement.
- Ideally MCIPS qualified (or working towards full accreditation)
If you enjoy working in a diverse, dynamic environment and really want to make a change, then this sounds like the right role for you!
If you would like to organise a conversation my email is firstname.lastname@example.org and the best phone number to get me on is +44 7488 887202.