£42000 - £50000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Job title: Contract Manager (NEC) - £50K
Location: Hybrid - Birmingham, Leeds, Bedford, Bristol. At least 40% in the office (2 days minimum)
This company believes that connecting people builds communities, creates opportunities, and helps the nation thrive. The main aim is to provide all customers with safe and reliable journeys through operating, maintaining, and enhancing one of the most advanced road networks in the world.
They take huge pride in attracting the best talent, from those who design our roads to those who patrol them, at all levels you play vital part in keeping customers safe.
To predominantly manage and contribute to the strategic development of NEC based contracts. To ensure that procurement drives innovation and best practice, is compliant with government frameworks, UK legislation/EU directives and is in line with wider business/ strategic decisions. To provide assurance of contract documents dependent on complexity of project. To manage and contribute to the provision of training, guidance, and advice to support key stakeholders to deliver business and corporate requirements - with the objective of improving commercial and contract management.
- Responsible for NEC contract development in liaison with internal and external stakeholders. Ongoing review, continuous improvement and upkeep of model documents based on feedback.
- As part of the project team, work collaboratively in the development of bespoke contract documents as required,
- Responsible for the provision of expert procurement, contractual and risk advice to business partners and Procurement Division colleagues on all aspects of company contracts.
- To capture lessons learnt and inform best practice for continual improvement across all projects, sharing knowledge across the wider team.
- Accountable for assuring contract documents as required.
- A strong proven track-record in NEC contract development work (with knowledge of a wide range of contract types and forms and their application to business need) and/or leading major procurement activities (inviting/selecting tenders, managing contracts) and/or supplier selection.
- To demonstrate working knowledge of the Public Contract Regulations 2006/2015 and Associated EU directives for "Open" and "Restricted" procedures, with an understanding of other procedures.
- Evidence of developing bespoke contract documents in support of large scale Construction / CAPEX projectsojects