West London, London
£45000 - £61000 per annum + benefits
8 months ago
Construction Senior Category Manager
1st Executive has a unique opportunity working for a client situated on the border of West London & Surrey.
The Construction & FM Senior Category Manager is sitting within a complete Greenfield procurement function managing and collaborating with a broad stakeholder community, using your relationship management and influencing skills to gain and maintain crucial buy in and support for major strategic sourcing / procurement and category management initiative.
As the Procurement lead for Estates & Capital, you will develop and manage supplier relationships to ensure value for money is achieved and provide technical expertise in advising, guiding and executing procurement processes, including both EU and non EU tenders.
- Identifying key Estates category management priorities in respect of savings and continuous improvement
- Through a category management approach to managing expenditure identify and deliver significant improvement in value for money and customer satisfaction
- Ensuring procurement complies with the organisations financial regulations and the Public Contracts Regulations
- Ensure a detailed understanding of the expenditure within the category, the suppliers, the products and services, the value for money and the existing supplier performance.
- Understanding current & future customer needs, constraints, innovation and developing fit for purpose requirement specifications.
- Managing markets through in depth understanding, influence and development of purchasing strategies to obtain the most economical offers and contract with suppliers.
- Briefing the Head of Procurement on any project risks or key issues arising from category management implementation and tender exercises
- Delivering value for money and savings targets, and proactive forward planning for implementation and achievement of targets
- Managing procurement & contract documentation, tendering templates, record keeping and associated systems
Experience and Qualifications.
- Ideally MCIPS or Degree Qualified
- Knowledge of completing and executing various forms of Building Contracts (NEC/JCT)
- Experience of negotiating Estate purchasing contracts
- Sufficient technical understanding to be able to consult with technical experts and work with strategic Estate suppliers
- Track record in successful set up and operation of framework mini-competitions and OJEU/sub-OJEU tendering from end to end
- Ability to problem solve complex commercial and procedural matters
- Excellent people engagement and stakeholder management skills
- Full competency and skill level in use and administration of In-Tend e-tendering portal, SIMAP/Achilles and Contracts Finder Please apply now to find out more.
Please apply now for further information.