£50000 - £65000 per annum + Competitive package
11 months ago
This is an exciting opportunity for an EMEA Construction Cost Procurement Manager (Quantity Surveyor) to work for a Luxury Retail Brand to manage costs, risk and procurement within capital programme projects undertaken by the Architecture team from project feasibility stage to project completion, ensuring cost reduction activity and value engineering is directed where it will deliver the best results for the business.
- Manage the cost & procurement aspects of regional projects from initial proposal through scoping and option studies to authorisation of funding and scheme inception as a live project. Site visit to ascertain site constraints and identify risks. Ascertain scope of work from Architectural Planners.
- Employ modelling and estimating techniques to provide accurate rates and costs for an annual spend of up to £25m across a variety of different types and sizes of new and refurbishment retail projects.
- Develop and manage procurement techniques to suit the types and quantum of programmes, projects and initiatives with solutions which will demonstrate and ensure best value is delivered taking account of quality, programme and health and safety implications.
- Conduct tender processes including preparation of tender documentation, evaluation of tenders and the making of detailed recommendations.
- Adopt a consistent approach to the contractual engagement of all consultants, suppliers and contractors employed to carry out works associated with the capital plan. Ensure a timely appointment including agreement of fees and an appropriately specified level of services and activities. Avoid duplication of roles with other consultants and vendors.
- Monitor the financial progress of individual projects through regular communication and reports assessing the potential impact of change on the budgets and also taking account of the effect on the business and ensuring change control procedures are rigidly adhered to. Take up any variances with the appropriate area/individual. Site Visits to monitor progress & identify savings. Oversee Purchase Order process; ensure timely release of payments, resolution of issues within SAP
- Agree final accounts with all contractors, consultants and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain accurate benchmark costs across all store formats and individual cost elements with an appreciation of Store costs within the wider retail fit-out industry context.
- Ideally from a Quantity Surveyor type background
- Must have "luxury" Retail sector experience = hotels, restaurants, accommodation, retail, yachts, planes, etc
- Knowledge of luxury materials = ceramics/marble etc. Attention to detail = key!
- Will come from a boutique cost consultancy background
- Working knowledge of "Cost" Reporting
- Working knowledge of JCT Contracts
- Knowledge of SAP (used for PO's), MS Project and AutoCad
- MRICS and appropriate Degree (i.e. Quantity Surveying)