£15 - £20 per hour
about 1 month ago
One of the world's largest and most famous grid solutions providers has an urgent requirement for an Interim Composite Technician.
This will be an initial 1-month contract offering up to £20 p/h
You will join the renewables business, in the manufacturing team which has the responsibility of creating test coupons and process trials. wind turbine blades through our Blade Dynamics business. Specifically, within this team, you will work to manufacture test coupons, test beams and develop process trials.
* Resin Infusion, Hand layup and vacuum consolidation with Epoxy, Polyester and vinyl ester resin systems
* Have a good knowledge for fibre directions, orientation and fibre alignment
* Manufacture and assemble composite components for test components including layup, installation, adhesive bonding, drilling and tapping
* Work from engineering drawings, work instructions and Standard operating procedures
* Efficiently use calibrated equipment and machinery as part of assembly processes and component manufacturing
* Utilize various hand tools and other standard tools to complete work tasks
* Utilize the proper chemicals; must be able to understand safety data and shelf life information
* Accurately inspect the condition of incoming hardware and materials
* Follow all site EHS compliances
* Assure complete and accurate documentation / Photographs are recorded / taken when required
* Must have a strong work ethic, enjoy physically demanding work and be driven to get the job done with focus on quality, honesty and integrity
If this opportunity is of interest please apply immediately or contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.