£45000 - £50000 per annum + Company car
3 months ago
Commodity Manager/Procurement Manager - £50,000 + Company Car (Southport)
Role: Commodity Manager
Salary: Up to £50,000 + Company Car (£5,000)
Location: Southport, Merseyside, United Kingdom
This is an extremely exciting career move for anyone looking to move into the Manufacturing/Engineering sector with previous experience but looking to take it a step further.
With a wide presence throughout the whole of the U.K. and working globally the company has a rich history and work closely/partnerships with some of the leading world names within Engineering industries. Providing quality to impact the world and environment around us positively.
You will be reporting into the Head of Manufacturing division with no direct reports so will be able to work by yourself in certain cases with a proactive mindset and willing to make important decisions throughout the job while developing relationships within this highly Strategic role.
- Managing a portfolio of between £10-15 million per year with no direct reports.
- Oversee the development of Category Strategies for each area of responsibility.
- Portfolio includes (Infrastructure / Rolling Stock (New build or MRO) with good knowledge of the Supplier marketplace & associated approvals requirements.
- Excellent Supplier Development and relationship management skills which have been shown previously in other roles/assignments.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of financial drives / supplier financials analysis and part cost analysis / benchmarking.
- Review current suppliers and identify underperforming suppliers have a robust plan in place to improve/best capitalise, make improvements in line with the supplier Performance and Management Policy/Escalation process.
- Plan cost saving opportunities and ensure they are carried out on time.
- Support on the business with new product introduction.
- Experience in negotiating , implementing and managing framework agreements / Long Term Contracts with supporting Service Level Agreements.
We're looking for candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Experience with Automotive or Aerospace sectors or other Blue Chip manufacturing sectors or (Infrastructure / Rolling Stock (New build or MRO)
- Experience of SAP ERP solutions / SAP super user.
- Experience of developing and implementing Commodity strategies / deployment and supplier plans within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in managing tenders, bids, including ITTs.
- Knowledge & experience of LEAN Manufacturing & LEAN Supply Chain principles.
- Experience of achieving cost savings in previous roles and positively impacting the procurement function while building supplier relationships.
- Strong communicator with presentation and feedback skills.
- Experience developing and implementing successful long-term category strategies providing tangible benefits to the organisation.
If you are interested in the exciting role above, get in touch and I will contact you as soon as possible.