Commissioning Officer (Procurement) - £400 per day
£350 - £400 per day
over 1 year ago
Job title: Commissioning and Procurement Officer (Adults)
Rate: £400 per day (Inside IR35)
Duration: 1+ month
The role is to provide operational support to the Commissioning & Procurement (Adults) team in relation to commissioning and procurement projects and activity within the Adults area and the wider Strategic Commissioning & Procurement function by undertaking duties commensurate with the level of the post as required.
- Contribute to the preparation of commissioning and procurement activity plans and pipelines.
- Ensure commissioned contracts are compliant with statutory and regulatory regimes and reflect national legislation, policy, best practice and local information.
- Support Senior Officers conducting needs assessments and gap analysis informing commissioning and procurement activity.
- Contribute to the provision of internal and external training to develop capacity within the Council and the supply chain, including SMEs and the voluntary and community sector.
- Spend and market data through a variety of media including the Councils Agresso financial management system.
- To be involved with negotiating and development of negotiating strategies with suppliers.
- Support development and delivery of higher value/risk procurement projects and lead on lower value commissioning projects within the agreed Adults service commissioning programme.
- Understanding of any legislation changes which could impact on the way in which commissioned contracts are developed and monitored with the Adults service area.
- Ability to prioritise and manage resources in order to deliver commissioning projects and objectives.
- Ability to manage detailed processes and handling of data
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office and knowledge of e-tendering software packages
- Ability to be innovative in devising commissioning and procurement solutions
- Ability to carry out effective contract management of commissioned contracts
- Able to collaborate and liaise effectively with staff at all levels in the organisation and from different professional backgrounds
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.