City of London
£54000 - £66356 per annum
about 1 month ago
Are you an Commercial expert, with Public Sector experience?
Have you lead stakeholders with strategic input and knowledge?
This role sits in the Infrastructure team which is predominantly aligned to supporting underpinning network infrastructure that enables the organisation to communicate both internally and with the wider public, access critical systems and store and retrieve information. The team source solutions and manage contracts across a whole range of categories including telephony, contact centres, data centres, radio, networks and IT hardware.
The team requirements are broadly balanced between running sourcing exercises for requirements and providing in-life contract management support for the large infrastructure contracts that are in place. There is also a demand for the team to provide strategic input into the evolving technology strategy.
In this role you will be expected to undertake Category Management and Contract Management activity, contributing to delivering Commercial Excellence, providing a customer focused service, understanding the business need and stakeholder drivers, with the aim of becoming a trusted commercial advisor.
Salary: £54,000 TO £66,356
Location: London (Hybrid role, 2/3 days in office)
Candidates must submit a curriculum vitae and statement of suitability, both evidencing how they meet the following essential criteria:
- Excellent understanding of sourcing and procurement methodologies, ideally within a regulated or public sector environment.
- Experience of developing and implementing procurement / contract management strategies in collaboration with the business which deliver high quality commercial outcomes and organisational benefits, whilst ensuring value for money.
- Experience of leading a negotiation with suppliers and successfully employing appropriate negotiating techniques based on the category sourcing strategy.
- Experience of developing, delivering and implementing contract management plans, evidencing commercial management and delivery in complex environments.
- A proven track record and detailed understanding of contract law and contract management processes. Proficient in the composition and interpretation of complex agreements/contracts.
- Experience in developing effective supplier relationships and the ability to resolve issues in performance or variations in supply without the need for legal or contractual recourse, working in partnership to deliver continuous improvement and innovation for all parties including complex performance management and incentivisation mechanisms.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a demanding workload whilst balancing both operationally urgent and important tasks to deliver to deadlines aligned with strong project management capabilities gained through practical professional experience,
- Experience working and effectively influencing stakeholders, projecting personal impact and credibility at all levels of the organisation and the external market, demonstrating an ability to influence, persuade and effectively communicates.
- Experience in category management, procurement and contract management of technology products, goods and services.
- Experience of developing and implementing category strategies.