3 months ago
Contract Manager - Bedfordshire
A Global High Technology company, who are one of the key players in aerospace, defence and security (based in Bedfordshire), are currently looking to expand their contract management team. Your primary focus for this role will be the management of contract commitments both tangible and intangible in their nature. This role will require a demonstrated ability to manage internal and external relationships and will require broad experiences of working cross functionally in a matrix organisation, in order to influence a breadth of business decisions throughout the Life Cycle Management. My client is extremely keen on internal progression, and within this role there will be the opportunity to develop and progress within the company.
- Lead the delivery of contract management activities, working alongside the procurement function within the business.
- Translate customer / project requirements into commercial documents, particularly pertaining to the design, development and production of bespoke complex electronic systems
- Develop and negotiate robust contracts for outsourced services and intangible deliveries
- Manage two direct reports.
- Be responsible for preparation & submission of compelling commercial proposals
- Provide a high degree of understanding of the business Life Cycle Management and business processes with an ability to apply them independently to meet business objectives.
- Manage the commercial bid approval process in accordance with the company's procedures with mitigation of risk as appropriate.
- Ability to operate as a locally acknowledged expert within the function. And able to work autonomously
- High level of customer intimacy in both internal and external relationships
- Possesses expertise to be called upon as a commercial advisor for specific complex assignments
- Ability to apply a high degree of understanding of the business Life Cycle Management and business processes and ability to apply them independently to meet business objectives
- Ability to engage and influence cross-functional/cross site teams
- Manage the performance and identify development opportunities for your team
- Manage and develop a team to achieve the goals of the business
- Degree, professional qualification and/or significant domain experience (preferred)
- Detailed understanding of Leonardo markets, products, customers and suppliers (preferred)
- Ability to promote a culture of best practice and sharing of knowledge within the function and across the wider business (preferred)
If you are interested in discussing the Contract Management - Bedfordshire vacancy, please give Olivia Bray a call on 01483 213305 or apply through the link below or send an email to email@example.com