City of London
£68662 - £75638 per annum
about 1 month ago
Are you an Commercial expert, with Public Sector experience?
Experienced in how technology drives business decisions, innovations and commercial strategy?
This role is an integral part of Commercial Services and sits in the Service Delivery & Infrastructure team.
The Service Delivery & Infrastructure (SD&I) team, as one half of the DDaT pillar, is responsible for supporting all of the business as usual systems that are critical to underpin the effective policing of London.
The team is split into two, with one half focusing on supporting all of the technology infrastructure requirements and the other half ensuring that the organisation's software and COTS technology requirements are effectively and efficiently sourced and managed.
Location: London (Hybrid - 2/3 days a week in office)
Salary: £68,662 to £75,638
- Working knowledge of purchasing processes and systems (Purchase-to-Pay).
- CIPS qualification / IACCM certification (or working towards) (DESIRABLE)
- Experience of designing and implementing category strategies.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in how the technology market works and what drives business decisions, innovations and commercial strategy in consumers and suppliers alike.
- Evidence of having delivered organisational benefits to customers through effective design and/or implementation of procurement / contract management strategies; able to describe value add and savings in a strategic context in a complex commercial environment.
- Excellent understanding of sourcing and procurement methodologies, ideally within a regulated or 4 public sector environment.
- Experience of developing, delivering and implementing contract management plans evidencing commercial management and delivery at senior level in complex and high value environments.
- Evidence of developing effective supplier relationships and the ability to resolve issues in performance or variations in supply without the need for legal or contractual recourse, working in partnership to deliver continuous improvement and innovation for all parties including complex performance management and incentivisation mechanisms.
- Experience working and effectively influencing senior stakeholders with or without authority projecting personal impact and credibility at all levels (including senior) of the organisation and the external market, demonstrating an ability to influence, persuade and effectively communicate.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a demanding workload whilst balancing both operationally urgent and important tasks to deliver to deadlines aligned with strong project management capabilities gained through practical professional experience,
- Evidence of inspirational and inclusive leadership, developing a professional culture and building commercial capability. Empowers team members through coaching, mentoring and sharing of expertise/knowledge.