£450 - £500 per day
10 months ago
Climate Change Specialist - 12 Month contract based in Essex within a local council.
Our client is providing the opportunity to project manage the Climate and Environmental Work Programme project as commissioned by the Council.
Salary: up to £500 pd (depending on experience)
Location: Essex (remote working initially)
Key Objectives include:
- To develop a policy, strategy and delivery plan that provides a clear framework for the council to focus its services and decision making that will positively impact the local environment
- To co-ordinate our approach to reducing the impact on the environment across the council in all the work we do and seek commercial opportunities to support the MTFS and reduce the organisations carbon footprint
- Build baseline data relating to the operations of the council, through its buildings, services and working practices and their impacts on the environment and measure the improvements in line with national carbon reduction targets.
- To deliver a policy and strategy that gives clear direction for the organisation to transform services and delivers efficiencies and environmental improvements through better working practices
- Previous experience working within a Council or the Public Sector
- Environmental Management, with a sound, demonstrable understanding of Climate Change and associated issues and responses.
Demonstrable experience of the development of environmental strategies and policies
- Proven ability to manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders with tact and diplomacy
If this sounds like you, please apply for this role. Alternatively, you can call James on 01483 213303 or email at email@example.com