£50000 - £55000 per annum + plus bonus, medical and healthcare
4 months ago
Category Specialist - Capex, MRO
Our client is a Major Global Utilities Organisation who are undergoing an exciting period of growth and as such are seeking an experienced Category specialist taking responsibitliy for managing supplier risks and cost management across construction services, which will include Civil, installation, Components, Engineering and Capex.
- You will develop category plans and drive execution of the plan for cost reduction, risk reduction and process improvement.
- You will take responsibility for raising procurements profile in the organisation developing strong stakeholder relationships
- Drive supplier relation management initiatives with suppliers togain value add by building strong relationships and driving supplier innovation.
- Participate in all service level review agreements for the major existing contracts with suppliers and resolve all commercial issues
- Identify areas for improvement in P2P process related to the specific category, propose and implement the required change for improvements
- Review terms and conditions for new contracts, work with legal team to ensure that all commercial and legal risks are mitigated through appropriate commercial and legal clauses.
- Drive process standardisation across the region and take initiatives to eliminate waste by automating or digitalising the process where applicable.
- Ideally Degree or Equivalent
- Ideally CIPS qualified or studying
- Excellent communication skills with ability to manage relationships at all levels in the organisation.
- Capable of handling detailed and complex contract negotiations.
- Experience in leading and developing sourcing strategies
- Good understanding and experience in managing categories such as site construction Capex or MRO