£50000 - £60000 per annum + package
about 1 year ago
Category Purchasing Manager - Fresh Produce
My client a Major Food organisation are seeking to recruit an experienced purchasing individual with strong experience in the purchase of Fruit, Vegetables and Fresh Produce. You will take responsibility for a global spend, and a train and develop a small team in best procurement practice.
Implement and drive the strategy for the business across the Fresh produce area on a global basis.
Recruit, develop and manage a teams of high performing individuals
Analyse, manage and develop supplier relationships
Build strong stakeholder engagement across the business, delivering best procurement practices and constantly analysing performance
- Significant previous procurement experience with responsibility for delivery of a procurement category strategy and procurement category benefits including financial savings
- Experience gained within Food, Food Service, Wholesale or Retail Grocery background preferred
- Significant team management experience
- Experienced negotiator with excellent communication skills
- Experience in purchasing of Fresh produce.
- Understanding of relevant strategic sourcing and demand levers and cross-functional approaches and ability to adapt levers to cope with specific challenges
- Experienced in complex stakeholder management
- Good experience in managing and delivering projects on time in international and cross-entity settings