£40000 - £50000 per annum + Car Allowance + Annual Bonus + Pension
8 months ago
An opening has come up for a Category Manager to work within the Supply chain and Procurement Team for a leading Facilities managment company
The role will work to drive positive outcomes for customers, suppliers, colleagues and external stakeholders through Creative SRM interventions that are in line with SC&P and waste services stratergy requirements.
You will have responsibility for lifecycle management, developing and implementing cost, value and service improvement plans for suppliers combined with delivery innovation into the business.
You will be accountable for supplier management, supplier performance management and supplier sustanability improvements ensuring relevent stakeholders are involved and supported where required.
Alongside SRM Waste related activity, on occasion you may be asked to become involved in the broader waste services and / or supply chain & Procurement team wide opportunities and activites.
- Management of a defined list of Suppliers, waste categories and their associated spend
- Monthly/ quartely SRM Review meetings to an agreed agenda- allowing account teams to feedback to suppliers.
- To lead or particpate in such cross - business projects and assignments as may be required.
- Delivery of agreed Commercial KPIs contributing to wider SC&P Teams KPIs
- Formulate and execute category strategies through collaboration with business to identify to deliver best fit suppliers in each sub category and develop supplier partnerships to improve commercial performance whilst maintaining compliance and mitigating risk
- Negotiating rates for prices for both national/regional standard pricing and any complex/high value additional business
- Accountable for the supply chain aspects of mobilisation and projects
- Senior/High Level Supply Chain escalations - taking themes and issues from Helpdesk and MI to put in place activity to resolve the root cause
- To seek to improve and develop systems and processes within the business to ensure maximum efficiency and good financial controls.
Governance and Compliance
- Governance to ensure that all suppliers are follow UK Procurement and Waste processes before being approved, including training suppliers on companies processes
- Processes and procedures relating to supply chain management are relevant, robust and facilitate capability whilst minimising risk
- To ensure compliance with statutory and corporate requirements
Experience & Skills
- Extensive experience of supply chain management, preferably in the waste industry or similar
- Strong negotiating skills with a proven track record of successful supplier negotiations
- High levels of resilience and flexibility
- Commercially astute with ability to demonstrate strong commercial awareness.
- Numerate with a working knowledge of IT and experience of identifying improvements through the analysis and use of data.
- Worked within a BS11000 or ISO44001 environment or supported the delivery of this standard ( An Advantage)
- Proven experience developing and implementing processes and strategies in SME's ( An Advanatge)
- Understanding of complex matrix structures and collaborative working practices ( an Advantage)
- Comprehensive in-depth knowledge and practical experience of waste management ( An Advantage)
- Experience within the FM or outsourcing environment. ( An advantage)
"No two days are the same" this is not your Mundane role it changes and challenges you on a daily basis - incorparting a great work life experience.