County Durham, England
£50000 - £75000 per annum
9 months ago
Are you a dynamic, agile Procurement professional with a thirst for innovation?
Would you rather stay in the sidings, or switch to the main line and go places?
A leading global provider of total railway solutions is seeking specialist Category Managers to embark upon their high speed journey towards Procurement Excellence.
Under the steady hand and expert tutelage of the Group CPO, the Procurement function has been redesigned into an efficient, powerful engine. With further development and ongoing refinements, it will evolve into a cutting edge commercial vehicle, driven by value and steaming ahead of the innovation curve.
If you're passionate about providing a first class service to stakeholders, committed to forming long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers, and adept at oiling the wheels of commerce, you could be the luminary this locomotive needs.
These are true 'cradle to grave' roles - as such, you will be involved at every stage of the Procurement process, from developing category plans and defining sourcing strategies through to post-contract management of successful tenders. There is no single route to success - to a certain extent, you can lay down the tracks as you go.
Remain a bystander on the platform, or get on board and apply now.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Experience of managing end to end Procurement cycles within Rail Manufacturing or Rail Maintenance & Service Delivery
- Specialist knowledge of Rail Signalling Systems and the associated supply base
- Strong understanding of contract law and contract drafting for different types of products and services
- High level of IT literacy, including proficiency in SAP, understanding of Contract Lifecycle Management tools, Excel and other Microsoft packages
- Degree educated / CIPS qualified (desirable)