Category Manager - Marketing - Up to £75k - Watford
Up to £75000 per annum
20 days ago
Role: Marketing Category Manager
Salary: up to £75k
Hybrid Working: 2 days a week in office
Are you an experienced Marketing Category Manager looking for an exciting new opportunity in a well established Global Procurement team working for a well known brand?
The role is ideally suited to someone with experience in Marketing, Payments, Ecommerce, MarTech and Customer Services.
Currently looking for a Category Manager to develop and implement Category strategies across Marketing, Payments, Ecommerce, MarTech and Customer Services.
As Category Manager you'll build strong relationships across our business and suppliers, driving optimal sourcing solutions which meet the needs of the business and ensure variables such as future growth and expansion across Europe, legislation, currency and commodity fluctuations are fully understood. You'll be part of a global team helping your partners to navigate and facilitate cross-functional and cross-regional collaboration, managing the end-to-end plan for your category.
- Partnering across Marketing, Ecommerce and Customer Services as well as the wider business to develop category strategies and drive global, international and national category plans via a range of strategic sourcing tools / methodologies.
- Driving annual sourcing initiatives to deliver yearly savings and recommending category initiatives (15-30 per year) within the portfolio of spend.
- Pro-actively using state-of-the-art automated sourcing processes including (but not limited to) auctions, RFX's, and relationship management systems.
- Leading on the negotiation plan making recommendations for final vendor selection in alignment with business partners and ensuring contracts and processes are in place to drive commercial success.
- Building and maximizing relationships with strategic vendors / agencies and identifying opportunities to drive innovation and leverage efficiencies or cost-savings across regions.
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- Breadth of Procurement / indirect sourcing experience with expertise in global strategic category management and sourcing
- Knowledge and experience of developing category strategies which include multi-country and cross-functional negotiations and contracts
- Knowledge of service categories - preferably Marketing, Ecommerce, MarTech, Payments and Customer Services
- Strong relationship building and negotiation / communication skills with commercial awareness and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of cost-based pricing, cost-targeting, total cost of ownership, demand management, supplier relationship management, trend analysis and process improvement to create competitive cost advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of GEP / Oracle or similar e-sourcing / P2P
- Ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent) and / or CIPS membership
- Strong analytical skills with advanced Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability / willingness to travel to Europe as and when required. The team also travel to North America on an annual basis.