Amsterdam, North Holland
£50000 - £65000 per annum + + package
24 days ago
Role: Category Manager - Logistics
Location: Amsterdam, remote working to start than going to 2 days a week in the office when safe to do so. The role can also be based in Rotterdam.
Package: €50-65k + package
Opportunity to join a global business who are experiencing significant growth and transforming their global procurement function. There is a great company culture, that fosters a truly positive, friendly and dynamic environment.
This role is for a Senior Category Manager for logistics. You will be a subject matter expert across Logistics and transport and have demonstrated significant experience of working in an agile and changing environment. Key will be to create an environment to support Regional Logistics and Supply Chain Management to drive value through strategic partnerships with key Logistics Partners, and to support the development of a Partner Strategy.
The scope of the role:
- Strategic Supplier Management
* Create, develop, deliver and manage a world-class logistics partner/supplier strategy, identify new suppliers in new regions/products/capabilities
* Develop and lead a supplier accreditation approach
* Manage KEY (Top 25) suppliers at CEO or Board level to ensure that we maintain strategic and influential relationships across the network
* Work closely with Regional Logistics Managers and Regional / Divisional Teams to create, implement and oversee the supplier performance management
* Work closely with Commercial and Legal teams across the business to deliver commercial and contractual solutions for Logistics operations within the region
* Lead supplier and technical innovation and best practice to deliver key Transport and Infrastructure projects and integrated logistics solutions across the business through Benchmarking and Continuous Improvement
* Ensure the financial aspects and impact of any contract are clear to all parties. Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress - checking the quality of service provided and supporting escalation if required
* Drive sustainability and CSR within the supply base
- Procurement Responsibilities
* Management of large scale RFQ approaches end to end and the SME support RFQ processes at Divisional and Site level
* Development RFQ capability overall by innovative development of tools, workflows. Analytics, approaches, technology to increase the value delivered and the productivity of commercial procurement across the Region as a whole
* Audit and monitor the performance of RFQ's against 'promise' + create a proactive 'agenda' of RFQ's across the business
To be right for the role, you will be comfortable and experienced with the scope of the role and:
- Have 5 years working experience in a consultancy or logistics operation, ideally 3Pl/4Pl experience
- Be fluent in English and ideally some German
- Have significant change management experience in terms of transportation and logistics
- Be skilled at networking in complex matrix organisations
- Strong project management experience
If you, or someone you know would like further information please send a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to this job ASAP.