£55000 - £65000 per annum + + Excellent Benefits Package
about 1 month ago
Category Manager Indirect
Hybrid working 2 days pw in the office & prepared to travel to sites 1 day pw
Are you looking for a fantastic role with an organisation who empower and enable you to be a success in your career whilst recognising and rewarding you, to ensure your unique contribution is valued? If so, this exciting Category Manager - Indirect role could offer you the next step in your career.
Our client works hard to create an inclusive, supportive and rewarding environment where their employees can thrive. They are offering you the opportunity to discover your potential whilst happy, engaged and challenged in your career.
Reporting to the Senior Category Manager Indirects you will be an integral member of the procurement team partnering with key stakeholders to develop and implement cross functional procurement strategies. Working closely with stakeholders in Supply Chain, IS and Corporate Services to provide expert market knowledge and insight into deliver business objectives and targeted results. This role requires a broad skill set over a large number of categories from Professional Services, Corporate Services, IT Services, Factory and MRO spend.
- Implementation of sourcing strategies to deliver the agreed objectives and targeted results with both the stakeholders and the Senior Category Manager.
- Engagement and sponsorship with stakeholders to deliver the objectives, offering challenge and support to stakeholders as required.
- Managing supplier relationships to ensure necessary contractual arrangements are constructed, negotiated and service level agreements are in place to allow appropriate Performance Management.
- Prioritisation and delivery of a range of projects across the Indirects team, ensuring risks are mitigated and delivered to agreed deadlines.
- Leading and supporting the Indirects teams through the commercial and contractual process with suppliers resulting in robust contractual frameworks or contracts which meet corporate requirements.
- Supporting and developing the Indirects procurement team to increase performance and capability.
- Ensure Procurement tools, systems and processes are kept up to date and are used to the full e.g. contract database.
- Management of procurement risk and provision of market knowledge to support decision making in the business
Critical Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Proven track record of leading and delivering sourcing strategies within a manufacturing environment and the supporting functions.
- Broad knowledge across a range of categories with flexibility to react to stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of all regulatory requirements relevant to the contracts and spend categories.
- Experience of e-procurement tools and P2P requirements.
- Commercially astute and financially literate.
- Degree level or equivalent.
- CIPS Level 6.
- Analytically strong to interrogate data with well-developed presentation and communication skills.
- Experienced negotiator and strong influential skills to obtain buy in and engagement.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- Driven with a desire to achieve.
- Ability to coach or mentor other team members
- Must hold Full UK Driving Licence as travel to manufacturing sites is required.
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch & send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange to have a chat.
Interviews will take place ASAP