£45000 - £65000 per annum + 25 day Holiday+ Life Cover + 6K Car
6 months ago
Role: Category Manager Specialist [ Indirects ]
Location: Slough, Hybrid Working 2/3 Days Office
Salary: Up to £60K + Shares + Health + CIPS + 6K Car Allowance
This is a great Indirect Procurement opportunity for an experienced Category Manager to take ownership of a range of Indirect Categories working collaboratively with key internal stakeholders and external suppliers whilst developing wider group strategy. If you are looking to diversify your Indirect Category knowledge this is a great opportunity to work across a range of new indirect categories.
Key strength in Corporate Professional Services such as Marketing, Finance and Legal would be a distinct advantage.
A strong background in category management across any specific indirect categories including HR, Finance, Marketing, Legal, Recruitment Spend, FM, Contract Labour, Rewards and Payroll would be advantageous, from sourcing to contract, incorporating cradle to grave spend analysis and stakeholder road-mapping with heavy involvement in bidding element of contract tendering through to pitching new business and developing, validating and communicating category plans and supplier strategies.
- Develop strong relationships and influence behaviours ensuring appropriate involvement of Procurement in all sourcing activities.
- Maintain awareness of restrictions, controls and accreditation's that are placed upon suppliers working in a mandated environment, ensuring at all times that both sourcing strategies and the incumbent supplier base do not jeopardise or threaten internal compliance.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain Team to identify opportunities to utilise existing supplier relationships and frameworks that leverage Group scale.
- Work in partnership with finance and other stakeholders to understand cost drivers and budgets/forecasts and to align Procurement plans and activity wider group.
- Plan and lead negotiations and deliver target outcomes (price, service levels, quality and key contractual terms)
- Track and report benefits for each responsible category / supplier and how these compare to targets.
If you are looking to join a global company who have a small but high performing UK Procurement team which they are looking to grow this is a unique opportunity to be given full autonomy to run an indirect category and drive category strategy.
Strength across strategic sourcing, target focused cost saving and data analysis will be fundamental to your success in the role. You will work with mandated policy but need to manage people to convince them the true value of the procurement function.
With an emphasis on relationship development and stakeholder management, the hiring manager is looking for someone who is capable, credible and can work largely under their own motivation and direction to deliver results.
If of interest, please apply online and ideally also send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can arrange a time to discuss your background, suitability and the role itself in more detail.