Birmingham, West Midlands
£50000 - £65000 per annum
3 months ago
Role: Category Manager - Indirects: FM + Corporate Services
Location: Birmingham. Remote / Hybrid working available
Salary: Up to £60K + Car + Bonus
Excellent opportunity to join a a multi-disciplinary civil engineering and construction group providing integrated engineering solutions and services. You'll be involved across a breadth of projects closely associated with manufacturing and production and play a key role in in supporting civil engineering projects, taking full ownership of your category across Indirects including Estates, Facilities and associated Corporate Professional Services.
The category is relatively mature but you will need to analyse current spending and take full ownership of the category to drive more value across the wider business, this will be driven by you - cradle to grave - from design through implementation and delivery, utilising a total cost of ownership model to meet company targets in cost reduction, savings and profitability.
This is an exciting new role that offers the potential to take full ownership of and develop the Category for the company. You'll report to the Head of Category and create category strategies to identify key areas for improvement, rationalise suppliers, create framework agreements and bring stakeholders together from different streams within the business while also managing multiple projects.
- Procurement expertise with Category Management and Corporate Services.
- Knowledge & experience of additional Direct & Indirect categories.
- Drafting and negotiating contract terms and conditions especially goods, services & construction contracts.
- Drafting and development of performance metrics (SLAs and KPIs).
- Assisting end users in drafting and developing specifications, statements of work etc...
- Drafting tender documentation.
- Management of the tender process.
- Market & Supplier analysis.
- Proven experience of developing and managing strong relationships with end-users, senior stakeholders and suppliers.
- Presenting business cases and strategy recommendation to Board level.
- Able to lead & manage multiple priorities / projects effectively & efficiently without compromise to quality
If you have Procurement Category Management experience managing Indirect Categories & Corporate Professional Services supporting functions like Facilities, Property and Estates this is a great opportunity to demonstrate how you can drive significant benefit through supplier sourcing, selection and contracting to best advantage our business, as well as enhancing your own career.
If of interest, please apply online and ideally also send your CV to email@example.com so we can arrange a time to discuss your backgound, suitability and the role itself in more detail.