Amsterdam, North Holland
€60000 - €80000 per annum + + competitive package
3 months ago
Role: Category Manager - General Indirect Services
Location: Amsterdam or Dublin
Salary: Up to €80k + competitive package
Flexible Working: 2-3 days per week work from home
Excellent opportunity to join the leading manufacturing businesses in their field, experiencing significant growth, as a Category Manager for Indirects (Audit & Accounting, Consulting, Corporate Fleet, Finance services, HR, Legal, Marketing, Operating Support Services and Travel & Expenses). Procurement is young with few processes, offering the right candidate freedom to operate and will allow you to define the category in your vision. You will drive category strategy.
You will manage procurement for Production Equipment across the main company and the several additional operating companies that all fall under the remit of this role, equalling progression opportunities in central procurement, global roles, procurement excellence and roles within the operating companies.
- Is accountable for development, execution, and maintenance of procurement strategy and Project Procurement Plans in alignment with key stakeholders as well as market and global procurement strategies
- Accountable for procurement KPI Performance Management and process adherence, within own area of responsibility
- Ensures execution of S2P process (from screening to onboarding and lifecycle management) for local / regional suppliers
- Maintains strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Analyses supply market, anticipates changes, and drives associated procurement activities
- Evaluates contracts and suppliers in order to facilitate final supplier base decisions with relevant stakeholders
- Ensures products and services are purchased in the most cost- and time-efficient manner, implements and ensures purchasing best practices
- Coordinates category and supplier strategy implementation in countries of scope
- 5-8 years of strategic end to end procurement experience
- Experience of relevant Indirect services, especially Professional Services
- Experience managing a Category in a large international company, or, have Category Management as a logical progression opportunity
- Strong experience of managing stakeholders in diverse environments - multiple business units, languages, cultures
- Ability to operate in an unstructured working environment - comfortable with change and uncertainty
- Prior experience in energy and fuels procurement in the spot and forward markets.