£35000 - £45000 per annum + 10% bonus + discounts
16 days ago
The Category Manager role is a key procurement role . You will be responsible for the full end to end sourcing and supply process for the category from supporting business partners to developing strong supplier and internal relationships. This is achieved through collaborating closely with the various business partners.
- Develop, implement, lead and set direction of the category sourcing strategy for the category
- Engage effectively with the supply market for their category to bring value-added innovation and opportunities
- Manage, on behalf of the business, effective supplier relationships
- Lead and execute tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities
- Identify and lead opportunities within their category to drive performance in supply, cost, quality, innovation and risk
- Act as a Procurement Business partner for product / operations management
- May manage a small team, in which case they are responsible for the effective leadership and development of those individuals
- Ability to coach and mentor teams
- Build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Have excellent negotiating skills, drafting and dealing with contracts of varying values and complexities, and managing supplier Service Level Agreements.
- Have a strong background in Indirects with preferably some experience in Marketing category
- Be a commercially astute analyst, a natural problem solver with a strong understanding of leveraging efficiencies and/or seeking opportunities to gain added value from suppliers and logistics partners