Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000 - £55000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Role: Category Manager Hard FM
Salary: Up to £55K
Due to impressive, year on year growth, our client, a leading provider of FM Services & Solutions seek to recruit and experienced Category Manager for hard FM services as well as construction. to play critical roles in facilitating a large pipeline of new contract mobilisations, as well as an existing book of both Private & Public Sector clients.
- Lead the procurement of and champion the implementation of strategic sourcing arrangements across key categories and projects.
- Category management - provide effective management of all strategic sourcing arrangements.
- Actively contribute to enhancing group profits through driving down cost and mitigation of market increases.
- Assist the Delivery and Commercial teams in efficient subcontract procurement.
- Work to and support supply chain deals, working with procurement department to ensure the BU achieves the best potential in terms of supplier arrangements.
- Ensure sub-contract buying gains are maximized, working cross functionally ensure implementation of category strategy are made at contract set up stage.
- Understand and protect the companies commercial and legal position in relation to its contractual engagement with supply chain arrangements clearly setting out the terms and proposals.
- Oversee and manage the recovery of retrospective rebates.
- Setting annual rebate collection targets.
- Promoting rebate arrangements across group to maximize utilisation.
- Provide pre-tender specialist commercial input as required to ensure accurate net cost pricing.
- Work with Category teams to develop a cohesive team; Lead by example, train and develop staff
- Appraise individual team members and overall performance
- Ensure procurement processes are compliant with group standards and are fully embedded within the business
- Effective line management of the procurement team, ensuring timely feedback on performance in accordance with Company procedures
- Ensure the team maintain the highest professional standards, relevant to their role
- Previous experience of a leadership role within the infrastructure, FM, or construction related industries.
- Full end to end procurement lifecycle experience.
- Previous experience of a senior procurement role within the infrastructure, FM, or construction related industries.
- Experience of working on civil engineering, mechanical or electrical facilities in project focused roles.
- Detailed of understanding of construction technology and methods.
- Demonstrable experience of presenting complex technical, planning and associated info to provide cost effective solutions.
- CIPS or equivalent qualification preferred.