£40000 - £46500 per annum + Pension
7 months ago
A prominent London-based educational establishment is seeking a dynamic, commercially minded Category Manager with broad exposure to Indirect categories to join their Procurement team during an exciting period of transformation and growth.
Reporting directly to the newly appointed Head of Procurement, the Category Manager will play a major part in converting the existing tactical buying outfit into a strategic Procurement function.
The necessary structure, systems and processes are already in place, forming a foundation upon which robust category towers can be built. Main areas of focus are Estates & Facilities, Professional Services, and IT, which account for c£50m in combined spend. As an effective Category Management approach is established, additional categories and spend will come under management.
You will be working alongside a friendly, collaborative group of individuals, under the expert tutelage of an accomplished Procurement leader, and engaging with stakeholders who are keen to realise the benefits that a well-orchestrated Procurement operation can bring. While the emphasis will initially be on savings, this will quickly transition to 'value add' activities once some quick wins have been achieved.
The role would suit a relatively junior, ambitious candidate who is adept at managing their own categories and spend along with mid-senior stakeholder and numerous supplier relationships. Equally, a more established, steady career builder with relevant category knowledge and a willingness to adapt and learn new ways of working could be considered.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5-10 years' Procurement experience, incorporating a blend of public and private sector roles.
- Exposure to public sector frameworks and tendering processes, including knowledge of the Public Contracts Regulations.
- Strong track record of achieving savings across a broad range of Indirect Categories, with expertise in one of more of the following areas: Estates & Facilities, Professional Services, IT.
- High level of competency in all aspects of Procurement, including Category Management, Contract Management, Supplier Relationship Management, Governance and Compliance.
- Strong academic profile - as a minimum, a Batchelor's degree in Business or Procurement & Supply Chain. Higher qualifications and relevant accreditations such as MCIPS are desirable.