Category Manager for Raw Materials
€100000 - €130000 per annum + additional benefits
about 1 year ago
If you're passionate about technology, this fully remote job is for you! Step forward in your career journey by joining a global business with an entrepreneurial culture.
You are an ambitious, humble, and passionate about Procurement with strong negotiation skills and strategic procurement experience. Being highly technical minded is important to this role - you'll have strong excel skills and able to understand data strategic decision making.
As Category Manager for Raw Materials be working with people across the whole glob, so you need to have international experience, working more than one country. Proficient English and another European language (Italian, Germain, French) would be beneficial. Strong analytical and project management skills: ability to coordinate global teams and suppliers, to identify KPIs and track the achievements.
Procurement degree is required. You'll also need a knowledge of Packaging, Graphic Printing or Signage categories
About the job
- Identify the current and long-term needs of businesses by nurturing a fruitful relationship with the leadership of their Operations, Engineering, Marketing and Finance teams.
- Develop and execute the Category Strategy by researching the applications' market, the technology, the suppliers' equipment, and capabilities that match our needs.
- Partner up with the business for specific printing technology projects to source the right equipment, consumables, aftersales services, and overall knowledge from the best suppliers.
- Run the S2C (source-to-contract) procurement process from RFI, RFP, RFQ to business case analysis, supplier selection, negotiation and contracting.
- Lead the supplier evaluation process and support the businesses in case of critical issues.
- Be a strong business advisor and change agent to ensure they have the best machine park for their needs.
- Build a positive relationship with key suppliers to boost their contribution to innovation and efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Financial or Technical study
- Minimum of 5 years regional Procurement experience
- Experience in a constantly evolving, global matrixed organization
- Analytical skills, good knowledge of business analysis and costing - TCO models. Basic knowledge of legal documents - able to read and interpret contracts, only involving legal support when vital
- Available for global travel up-to 20% of the time, with peaks of 30%
- Other languages are a plus, preferably German, Italian, French and Mandarin
About the company
A global company who are committed to remaining entrepreneurial - to stay small as they grown. This enables them to remain laser-focused on their customers and build up the services that have enabled their rapid growth.
If you are interested, please either apply to this job or send your CV and a brief outline of your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know someone else that may be interested, please forward this to them.