City of London
£52000 - £58000 per annum
27 days ago
We are recruiting for a Procurement Category Manager for the Estates, Project & Maintenance category for a Public Sector organisation.
You will lead and manage the category requirements to identify and deliver best value solutions for stakeholders as well as to actively support the value for money agenda.
The Category Manager is required to effectively prioritise and plan procurement whilst working in collaboration with stakeholders in order to ensure that best value, transparent and compliant tenders are carried out.
Job title: Category Manager - Estates, Projects & Maintenance
Salary: - £52,549 - £58,595 per annum
Location: London (working from home & office based) - 2 days in office per week
Main duties and responsibilities
* To provide professional procurement advice and ensure compliance to the relevant regulatory and statutory obligations.
* To attend and proactively participate at project boards as required, advising and assisting with making key decisions.
* To proactively identify, evaluate and drive opportunities of procurement options to provide value for money.
* To quantify and deliver procurement savings in accordance with agreed objectives.
* To ensure that financial regulations are adhered to throughout all procurement exercises.
* To support a collaborative, supportive and approachable ethos for work with colleagues across the University, with a pragmatic and innovative approach to problem solving.
* Final approver of all requisitions between £5k and £50k. Accountable to ensure compliance to regulations and value for money.
* Represent at external meetings, including national/ regional consortia and contribute to the development of framework contracts.
* Contribute to the implementation programmes of electronic commerce initiatives, including performing a key role in the appraisal and evaluation of test or pilot programmes.