East London, London
Up to £60000 per annum + + Benefits
about 1 month ago
If you're used to managing end-to-end procurement processes, including tenders, and looking for the next challenge in your flourishing career, this Category Manager Estates and Facilities FTC opportunity could be ideal.
Location: East London with Flexible working - 1-2 days in the office or on-site per week
Salary c£60k + Benefits
Responsible for a range of procurement activities our client will look to you to devise a category plan and sourcing strategy and lots more besides. You'll enjoy support from a Category Assistant whose remit is to engage with stakeholders across the organisation, as well as existing, new, and potential suppliers. That means that, not only will you help to achieve the highest level of value for money, you'll have huge scope in terms of directing, mentoring and developing a team member.
Liaising with stakeholders to get their buy in, sourcing suppliers, managing and monitoring performance and ensuring legal compliance - all are part and parcel of this interesting, varied and vital role.
You'll need to be relevantly qualified, with excellent customer management skills, and comfortable engaging with a variety of stakeholders and suppliers, you have the tenacity, persuasiveness and resilience it takes to build partnerships and deal with push backs. You're also someone who can act as an advocate for professional procurement and inspire others due to your openly enthusiastic approach.
So, if you're looking for a rare chance to play a major role in helping to bring procurement practices into a modern framework, not to mention genuine personal progression and career development potential, here's your opportunity.
Our client aims to attract and retain the best possible staff and offer a unique working environment in a location at the heart of a dynamic region with excellent transport links. East London is experiencing rapid development too, making it one of the most stimulating parts of London to work in. Also on offer is a great range of benefits including pension, family friendly policies and an on-site nursery and gym.
- Experience in managing complex procurements in the public or private sector. Including but not limited to experience of make versus buy decisions, soft market testing, category management and market shaping with proven results.
- DBFO project delivery experience
- Experience in stakeholder management, providing expert advice and guidance to Senior members or equivalent levels in other organisations), operating at board level in dealings with contractors
- Demonstrable experience of leading and delivering change projects and programmes that delivered service improvement, increased efficiencies and cultural change
- Demonstrable experience of people management, development, and motivation to overall organisation and function aims
- Expert on all aspects of procurement processes
- Experienced in identifying and negotiating contractor performance milestones and in monitoring performance
- Experienced and skilled in all aspects of pro-active supplier and customer management
- Understands risks of non-compliance
- Ideally an understanding of public procurement policy, able to comply with rules through knowledge and experience
- Experienced in category management with a particular focus on Estates, Construction and Hard/Soft FM.
If this is of interest and you have the experience our client is looking for, I would love to hear from you. Please send your CV to Alex Steel firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a chat and find out more.