£40000 - £45000 per annum + 25 day Holiday+ Life Cover + Share Scheme
about 1 month ago
This is a great Procurement opportunity for an experienced Category Manager to take ownership of 'corporate services' categories working collaboratively with key internal stakeholders and external suppliers whilst developing wider group strategy.
A strong background in category management across specific corporate services like, HR, Recruitment Spend, Contract Labour, Rewards and Payroll would be advantageous, from sourcing to contract, incorporating cradle to grave spend analysis and stakeholder road mapping with heavy involvement in bidding element of contract tendering through to pitching new business and developing, validating and communicating category plans and supplier strategies.
- Develop strong relationships and influence behaviours ensuring appropriate involvement of Procurement in all sourcing activities.
- Maintain awareness of restrictions, controls and accreditations that are placed upon suppliers working in a Defence environment, ensuring at all times that both sourcing strategies and the incumbent supplier base do not jeopardise or threaten internal compliance.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain Team to identify opportunities to utilise existing supplier relationships and frameworks that leverage Group scale.
- Work in partnership with finance and other stakeholders to understand cost drivers and budgets/forecasts and to align Procurement plans and activity wider group.
- Manage RFP/RFx process for projects and objectively evaluate responses to inform supplier selection
- Plan and lead negotiations and deliver target outcomes (price, service levels, quality and key contractual terms)
- Track and report benefits for each responsible category / supplier and how these compare to targets