South East London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum + plus benefits
about 1 year ago
Category Manager - Capital Equipment and Indirects
Our client is a Major Services Organisation who are undergoing exciting plans within the business and as a result have a requirement for a Category Manger for Capex.
The role will play a highly important part in providing Category expertise, managing the Capex spend and implementing processes procedures and the procurement strategy for this area.
Key Responsibilities include:
- You will lead and manage the strategic sourcing and contract management of Capital equipment, infrastructure, associated services, and indirects category spend
- You will manage relationships with suppliers ensuring cost effectiveness and value add.
- This role will require you to deliver significant cost savings against agreed targets whilst maintaining required levels of service.
- You will work closely with the Head of Procurement ensuring processes and procedures are implemented
- Your strong liaison ability will be utilised engaging key stakeholders and building good working relationships seeking to drive cost out, and find value added business opportunities
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a Category Manager with Capital Equipment/Indirects spend experience
- This role will manage a small team therefore previous experience would be an advantage
- Ideally you will be MCIPS qualified with strong competence and technical capability
- You will have gained strong negotiation skills within your previous roles
- Proven track record of successfully developing and implementing comprehensive category strategies
- Ability to manage multiple projects within a fast-paced environment