Category Manager - £70,000
£65000 - £70000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Category Manager - £70,000 (Hinckley)
Role: Category Manager
Salary: Up to £70,000
Location: Hinckley (Flexible - 3/4 days per week in office)
This is an extremely exciting career move for anyone looking to move into an ever-changing industry which is growing exponentially. This organisation is revolutionising the way in which manufacturing & engineering is carried out with their pristine finished products.
With large modern offices and showrooms which are very impressive when viewed on site, my clients product attracts a lot of customers worldwide.
The role will be looking after the direct components & the chassis category while growing the overall volume of goods in line with the current company growth. Managing a team of 3-4 procurement specialists with a collaborative attitude towards people and getting the job done, so previous leadership skills will be important for this role.
- Working in a fast paced, high demanding environment while being commercially aware of every implication throughout the procurement function.
- Ensuring availability of all parts and components are ready for production.
- Help define specification and scheme reviews based on available technologies with Project stakeholders.
- Foster trusted relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of services through negotiation and market insights.
- Delivery of the commercial ambitions, balancing the total value of the sourcing activities we undertake.
- Devise long and short-term strategies for categories in order to help long term success of the company.
- Develop and maintain budgets for bill of materials and investments while supporting decision making in resource conflicts between supplier capability, timing, technology and costs for projects.
- Drive Procurement team to ensure full component availability and complete and report on new model introduction planning objectives.
- Automotive and Manufacturing/Engineering industry knowledge & experience.
- Proven experience as Category/Commodity manager/Senior Buyer or procurement manager.
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods with strong previous experience.
- An energetic, innovative, resilient and adaptable style, with evidence of success in fast paced environments while achieving success with high attention to detail.
- Management of sourcing activities, including RFx processes and broader category management.
- Ensuring you manage your supply base accurately to deliver optimal value.
- A strong desire to build effective and communicate/forge sustainable relationships with your stakeholders & suppliers.
- The desire to make a difference in a growing company looking to make an instant impact.
- Degree qualified. (Although not essential)