Category Manager - £500 - £600 p/d
£500 - £600 per day
about 1 month ago
Category Manager - £500 - £600 p/d (Southampton)
Role: Category Manager
Salary: £500 - £600 p/d inside IR35
Location: Southampton (Flexible - 3 days per week from home)
I currently have an exciting and challenging position for the interim market.
I am looking for a strategic category manager who has experience within the Electronics and Manufacturing/Engineering industries. (PCBAs, batteries, devices/mechanical electronics)
Ideally someone who has strong negotiation skills, previous dealt with stakeholders at different levels and various regional supplier experience within Europe, US and so on throughout manufacturing/engineering and electronics environments.
- Working in a fast-paced environment where product availability, demand and customer needs are highly sought after through various sourcing and new supplier relationships.
- Ensuring availability of all products are ready for customer demand including proactive approaches in case of any delays in suppliers etc.
- Help define specification and scheme reviews based on available technologies with Project stakeholders.
- Foster and create new relationships throughout different manufacturing suppliers in regions outside of the U.K.(Contract manufacturing)
- Delivery of the commercial ambitions, balancing the total value of the sourcing activities undertaken in line with stakeholder's expectations and companies growth targets for the coming years.
- Devise long and short-term strategies for categories to help long term success of the company.
- Develop and maintain budgets for bill of materials and investments while supporting decision making in resource conflicts between supplier capability, timing, technology and costs for projects.
- Electronics, Automotive and Manufacturing/Engineering industry knowledge & experience.
- Proven experience as Category/Commodity manager or Procurement manager previously.
- Understanding of mechanical electronics with strong previous experience. (Devices, PCBAs and Batteries)
- An energetic, innovative, resilient and adaptable style candidate, with evidence of success in fast paced environments.
- Management of sourcing activities, including RFQs processes and broader category management experience.
- Ensuring you manage your supply base accurately to deliver optimal value with a proactive approach.
- A strong desire to build effective and communicate/forge sustainable relationships with your stakeholders & suppliers.
- The desire to make a difference in an already growing company looking to make an instant impact and add to company success.
- Degree qualified. (Although not essential)