Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
about 1 month ago
Job Title: Category Manager
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Duration: 6 Months
Core day to day Duties:
* Manage relationships and engage with on-site teams.
* Work closely with the scientific teams to understand and define required items.
* Liaise with centralised commercial teams and framework suppliers.
* Creating, co-ordinating and managing requests through the internal procurement process.
* Manage stock control.
* Possible emergency orders to meet unforeseen consumable demand.
* Act as an escalation point for any suppliers in the event of any challenges encountered from a DJSC perspective.
* Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Experience of requirements gathering (ANALYSIS)
* Experience of converting requirements into volumes/capacities and actionable activities.
* Experience of managing items from requirement definition through to procurement.
* Content for Business Justification templates within area of responsibility.
* Experience of being the contact point for escalations.
* Strong stakeholder management skills - typical SH's will be internal/external such as Scientists, suppliers
* Experience of procurement roles
* Experience of working with public sector procurement; particularly frameworks.
* Knowledge of laboratory equipment and consumables.