£13 - £14.92 per hour
SS - 5220/1_1593001541
5 months ago
Category Manager - 3 Month Temporary Contract
Category Manager required for a 3 Month contract with a local authority in Warwickshire.
The role plays a key part in the development and delivery of the sourcing and supply strategy for the Council's external spend.
You will be responsible for the delivery of the Council's priorities and will apply procurement, commercial and contractual expertise and influencing skills to implement the strategy to deliver year on year savings and efficiencies.
You will be responsible for leading on key procurement decisions that affect the Strategic Category spend areas, from responding to day to day queries and advice from key stakeholders within the organisation, through to having to formulate, lead and present a strategic vision of Category procurement that meets the future long term needs of the organisation.
- Significant procurement experience in a medium to large organisation in either the public, private or third sectors
- Procurement practice at operational levels
- Developing and implementing negotiation strategies & techniques.
- Understanding of Programme and Project Management tools and techniques, governance approaches to programmes, risk management practice and successful stakeholder engagement techniques
- CIPS Diploma & Membership or studying for or willing to study
To be considered for the Category Manager - 3 Month Temporary Contract, please call Sam on 01483 213 304
To be considered for the Category Manager - 3 Month Temporary Contract, please call Sam on 01483 213 304 .