Birmingham, West Midlands
£50000 - £65000 per annum
5 months ago
Role: Category Manager - Construction Services
Location: Birmingham. Remote / Hybrid working available
Salary: Up to £65K
Excellent opportunity to join a a multi-disciplinary civil engineering and construction group providing integrated engineering solutions and services. You'll be involved across a breadth of projects closely associated with manufacturing, taking full ownership of your category that covers service, spares, breakdown and labour associated with production and capital projects including heavy industrial machinery.
By optimising the specialist skills of the wider group you will be expected to deliver strategy across procurement that is driven driven by you - cradle to grave - form design through implementation and delivery. - timely, cost effective services, utilising a total cost of ownership model to meet company targets in cost reduction, savings and profitability.
This is an exciting new role that offers the potential to take ownership of and develop the Category for the company. You'll report to the Head of Category and create category strategies to identify key areas for improvement, rationalise suppliers, create framework agreements and bring stakeholders together from different streams within the business while also managing multiple projects.
- Procurement expertise with Category Management in a manufacturing environments purchasing equipment and services.
- Experience of major Capital equipment purchases
- Knowledge & experience of additional Direct & Indirect categories.
- Drafting and negotiating contract terms and conditions especially goods, services & construction contracts.
- Drafting and development of performance metrics (SLAs and KPIs).
- Assisting end users in drafting and developing specifications, statements of work etc...
- Drafting tender documentation.
- Management of the tender process.
- Market & Supplier analysis.
- Proven experience of developing and managing strong relationships with end-users, senior stakeholders and suppliers.
- Presenting business cases and strategy recommendation to Board level.
- Able to lead & manage multiple priorities / projects effectively & efficiently without compromise to quality
If of interest, please apply online and ideally also send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.