£40000 - £45000 per annum
12 months ago
Category Lead Buyer - £40,000 - £45,000 (Hybrid working)
Sheffield - DIRECT PROCUREMENT
I am currently working on an exciting Category Lead Buyer role a sustainable client of mine. The organisation are extremely innovative and have several streams of income from several different sectors within the company. This role will be based in the Directs Category and will execute procurement category strategy for specific categories.
The role will require value for the organisation including negotiation of supplier agreements. In addition, the position will align the strategies throughout the organisation and implement a local strategy to achieve corporate and category objectives.
Direct Lead Category Buyer - (Hybrid working)
Role: Lead Buyer
Salary: Up to £45,000 + Discretionary Bonus
Location: Sheffield (Flexible - 2 days per week in office)
- Plan and execute effective and demonstrable supplier relationship management.
- Collect market intelligence impacting category and communicate to relevant internal stakeholders on a periodic basis (supply demand, logistics, macro-economic conditions)
- Value enhancement through specific actions targeting Commercial rewards, Unit price reduction, Spot negotiations.
- Subject matter expertise on Direct categories which may include MEP, HVAC, Fire Security, Plant Hire, BMS
- Point of contact and resolution for all issues relating to preferred suppliers under management
- Communicate and showcase category strategy, deliverables and initiatives to internal stakeholders
- Responsibility of the following actions for sub-categories under management such as analysing and monitoring spend and business needs, anticipating future needs pipeline (business development), design and deliver category strategy and framework negotiations.
- Minimum 4 years' experience within a relevant field.
- Experience working in a direct purchasing Engineering/Manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of cost drivers in a manufacturing environment and experience in leading cost reduction activities.
- Good IT skills including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Understands stakeholder management and has demonstrable experience in past roles. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work effectively with teams.
- Proactively contributes to the team.
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines.
- Knowledge of Procurement ERP modules such as COUPA, SAP, MAXIMO is preferred but not essential.
- 25 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- Life Cover equivalent to 2x times annual salary
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental well-being app
- Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalised support programmes.
If you think you have the relevant skills to carry out this role or are interested, apply and I will be in touch as soon as possible!