£45000 - £55000 per annum + car allowance and benefits
8 months ago
Indirects Category Buyer
Our client is a Major global organisation who are undergoing extensive growth and expansion and as a result are seeking an experienced Indirects Category Buyer. The role offers excellent chance for progression and further development.
You will ideally have experience of any of the following areas of Purchasing - HR, Marketing, IT, FM, Legal or Consultancy
You will be responsible for the following remit:
- Responsible for the full end to end sourcing and supply process for a category from supporting business partners to develop a definition of need
- Collaborate closely with the various business partners from product specialists, through supply chain and logistics
- Manage, on behalf of the business, effective supplier relationships, balancing security of supply, cost effectiveness, commitment, and access to market innovation.
- Lead and execute tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities.
- Identify and lead opportunities within the category to drive performance in supply, cost, quality, innovation and risk.
- Conduct regular analysis of supplier spend and volume data, reducing overall supply chain costs or leveraging spends where scale allows
- Promote a team attitude and encourage communication and sharing of information within the team and with our customers. .
- Ensure the relevant data in purchasing systems.
- Ensure timely interaction with the logistics team to make certain Goods are transported through the logistics network in a cost efficient manner
- Progressions to take on management responsibility in this role
- Ideally CIPS qualified or studying
- Excellent demonstrable indirects commodity experience
- International / matrix environment Procurement experience preferred, though non-essential
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Highly developed stakeholder relationship management skills and experience
- Demonstrable previous track record of successful Project Management
- High degree of commercial acumen