West London, London
£40000 - £51000 per annum + Benefits
10 months ago
Category Buyer - Food
My client a Major Food organisation are seeking to recruit an experienced purchasing individual with strong experience in Food Purchasing ideally Frozen products, and experience of working with co-packers.
- Conduct product reviews and tenders as necessary to deliver cost savings
- Communicate clearly with customer stakeholders on progress of product reviews/tenders as part of the procurement process
- Deliver pricing agreements
- Work closely with the sourcing analysts to create spend analysis and category overviews to share with the customer
- Analyse data prepared by analysts to create future projects
- Formulate and drive buying strategy
- Manage key internal stakeholders to ensure requirements are met
- Conduct purchasing reviews
- Work with regional offices abroad to drive procurement strategy
- Proven food purchasing experience (ideally frozen products) procurement experience within FMCG/Retail/Foodservice environment
- International experience particulary Europe is an advantage
- Strong knowledge of category management and its performance measurements, processes, and contracts
- Solid negotiation and supplier management skills.
- Solid contract management skills.
- Experience of working with co-packers
- Strong ability on Excel