£40000 - £45000 per annum
25 days ago
Role: Category Buyer (Manufacturing/Engineering)
Location: Rocester/Uttoxeter (Site based)
Due to my clients continued growth, I am looking for a Category Buyer to join a Blue-Chip Global Business. Reporting to our Commodity Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for procurement activities including commercial management of existing contracts, negotiation of new contracts when and where required, identify and lead cost reduction & VA/VE opportunities.
As a Category Buyer you will be responsible for developing category strategies to ensure we have a robust and competitive supply chain.
- Develop Category Strategies for each area of responsibility, working with the wider business to ensure strategies are implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensure early engagement with engineering and suppliers to ensure we are sourcing the best products from the beginning of our projects.
- Manage multiple resource / capacity projects with suppliers to ensure we can achieve our 5-year plan.
- Identify and drive cost reduction activities across the business.
- Responsible for leading contractual negotiations for your suppliers. (Long Term / Development / Warranty Agreements etc)
- Develop and lead global supplier relationships to deliver tangible mutual benefits.
- Work with suppliers and engineering to identify new technologies to reduce cost and or add additional value to our machines.
- Build strong relationships across the business and the supply base, be responsible and accountable to make and influence key decisions that are in the best interest of the company.
We're looking for candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Significant procurement experience - preferably within a Manufacturing/Engineering business.
- Experience developing and implementing successful long-term category strategies.
- Understanding of key cost drivers within a supply base.
- Confident negotiator with a proven record of creating cost ideas and delivering significant reductions.
- Experience managing multiple projects and co-ordinating cross functional teams to ensure on-time delivery.
- Experience working with a global supply base - ability to travel globally is a requirement for this role.
- Ability to build strong internal relationships - preferably experience working closely with technical engineers.
Personality Traits we're looking for:
- Has a sense of urgency and determination to succeed
- Can operate in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Is resilient, adaptable and open to change
- Presents solutions rather than reasons why things cannot be done
- Strong communicator who can vary their approach depending on the audience
- Works well within a team, supports and drives others where needed
If you feel like you need a new challenge and would like to be involved in a Global organisation, Apply today!