Up to £35000 per annum + Benefits
6 months ago
An exciting opportunity to join a key university where equality, diversity and inclusion is embedded into the culture and values in a way that is distinct not only amongst universities, but amongst organisations in any sector. Their expectations and ambitions are high, they aspire to be known as the UK's most inclusive university, and to achieve sector-leading outcomes because of their inclusiveness.
If you are you looking for a role to develop your career, supporting the delivery of an efficient and effective procurement service covering all areas and workstreams in this kind of environment, we would like to hear from you.
In this role you will be responsible for providing support to Category Managers and the Head of Procurement in the development and implementation of category plans for a range of goods and services. This will include carrying out market research, producing and analyzing data and supporting in the management of tenders and contracts, to include measurement of key performance indicators and other measurement models.
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent
- Current accreditation or working towards CIPS Diploma in procurement & supply is desirable
- Public Procurement Context - Ability to comply with pre-determined rules or processes, accompanied by an understanding of the risk of non-compliance
- Ability to keep abreast of market developments through industry magazines, trade exhibitions, discussions with current suppliers and other procurement professionals
- Ability to apply advanced analysis skills to large data sets to help identify and solve problems and identify procurement opportunities.
- Ability to utilise and integrate IT products to produce high quality reports and output and to use basic project planning tools, e.g. GANTT charts
- Ability to provide a consistent, professional, and quality service to customers and to answer queries accurately and promptly
If this is of interest contact Alex Steel firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a chat and find out more. Interviews will take place ASAP.