£40000 - £45000 per annum
5 months ago
A global leader in offshore engineering with recent private equity backing is undertaking a complete procurement transformation. An urgent requirement has arisen for an experienced Buyer to join a newly expanding procurement team, which is being created to drive this transformation.
This is a permanent role offering between £40,000-£45,000 for a candidate to be based in Essex - some flexibility with regards to remote working will be possible.
Your category focus will be primarily across shipping, engineering, CAPEX, and MRO although some spend may cover other indirect areas such as TELCO. You will be joining a team-focussed environment with an open culture, focused on collaboration, opportunity creation, and driving value.
- Experience managing spend in one or more of the following categories; shipping, engineering, CAPEX, or MRO.
- A background in engineering, shipping, oil and gas or other related industries will be a significant advantage.
- A demonstrable history of achieving savings in tactical procurement positions.
- The ability to effectively manage stakeholders building collaborative relationships across functions both internally and externally in a global business.
- Ensure delivery of procurement fundamentals of compliance, contracts, risk etc. within the relevant category areas.
- Support contract management and negotiation.
- Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects.
- Place and follow-up on purchase orders.
- Manage problems and schedule changes.
- Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
- Actively participate in supplier performance reviews.
- Advises Functional managers regarding projects, processes and procedures in the own field.
- Contributes to project as a team member or leads small projects.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to support strategy and procurement development within the category understanding supply costs and pricing on a global basis.
This role is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.