£28000 - £35000 per annum
3 months ago
Buyer - Procurement (Infrastructure)
Are you a junior buyer/ supply chain professional looking to join one of the largest construction companies in the UK? Are you looking to join a company that believes in career progression, giving staff new challenges, and varied work?
I am currently recruiting for a household name construction company with an international presence, for a buyer role in Winchester. Your role will sit within the infrastructure services team.
- As a Buyer - Procurement (Infrastructure) you will Source, select and negotiate with local material and plant suppliers ensuring the contract obtained best value.
- To provide support, guidance and training to operational depot and site teams, to ensure all procurement routes and ordering processes are adhered to.
- Support with Supply Chain Management activities, such as, administering the Subcontractor pre-qualification approval and Key Performance Review process.
- Experience in Construction is not a prerequisite however candidates will ideally have some experience of sub-contract for the building, civils and utilities sectors.
- Previous procurement and buying experience
- Understanding of the negotiation process with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines and use of multiple purchasing systems.
If you are interested in working for a leading construction company, and working in Winchester is of interest to you, then please give me a call on 01483 212183.