Eindhoven, North Brabant
€40000 - €55000 per annum + 10% bonus + package
22 days ago
Role: Buyer - Industrial Goods and Services
Location: Eindhoven OR Brussels - hybrid working, with regular site travel
Salary: Up to €55k + 10% bonus + package
Are you an ambitious procurement expert with 3-5 years of experience in procurement from an automotive, oil and gas or FMCG background with previous ownership of a fast-moving direct category?
If so, this is an exciting new role in a transformational business who are changing the shape of energy sustainability. This role offers the opportunity to work closely with the leadership team, with rapid significant career progression options for hungry and ambitious professionals.
This Fortune 500 energy and industrial services organisation are renowned as the number one business in their sector. They are pioneers of sustainable energy and continue to play a major role in the journey to net zero.
Supported by an experienced Head of Procurement, they put a huge focus on talent development and career progression. You will take ownership of one of their most critical expenditure categories across Benelux with significant exposure to senior leaders across the business. This role is posed well to pave the way for future leadership opportunities.
You will have end-to-end ownership of a defined portfolio of critical suppliers associated with manufacturing across the Benelux region. You will be a key business partner to operational colleagues, ensuring they have the resources to maximise productivity and distribution.
You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and enacting your category strategy across the region. Working in conjunction with the broader European procurement team and regional stakeholders, you will challenge previous methods of procurement whilst focussing on efficiency, risk, and cost.
Working in close conjunction with your stakeholders you will be the first point of call for all procurement, supplier contract management activities. This position covers the end-to-end procurement process and it is critical that you have strong stakeholder management skills.
Reporting to the Head of Direct Procurement for North East Europe, this role will be based in or around either Eindhoven, Netherlands or Brussels, Belgium. Hybrid and homeworking are actively promoted; however, this role will also require regular travel (c. 3 days per week) to production and distribution facilities across their Benelux portfolio.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of direct procurement within the automotive, oil and gas, energy or FMCG industries, with a good understanding of fast-moving direct categories.
- You will ideally have experience supporting continuous improvement and cost-down activities from within the manufacturing sector.
- You will demonstrate a mature approach to engaging, influencing, and supporting stakeholders of varying seniority within operational business units.
- You will be confident and articulate, comfortable engaging with operational leaders across a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Fluency in Dutch is essential. Good French language skills are a differentiator, but not critical.
- Relevant Degree/Masters + CIPS or equivalent