West London, London
£35000 - £47000 per annum + plus benefits
6 months ago
Buyer - Chemicals/Raw Materials
Listed on the NYSE, our client is a Major Global Organisation within the Oil and Gas Industry, who, due to promotion are now seeking an experienced Buyer of Chemicals/Raw Materials.
Work alongside the manager ensuring uninterrupted, cost effective supply of a portfolio of raw materials necessary to support the business goals and operations including but not limited to production facilities, contract manufacturing facilities, resale operations, R&D facilities and corporate departments.
- Work with suppliers to identify new sources of raw materials/chemicals
- Work with the internal to understand the market for the raw materials purchased and identify the factors which influence availability and pricing
- Work with the Procurement team to implement sourcing strategy across the business
- Liaise with R&D, Manufacturing and Process Technology to provide information regarding competitive challenges, potential entrants, pricing initiatives and quality, service, price and distribution issues.
- Work to achieve long term sourcing strategies within region and global level to ensure raw material availability
- Monitor quality and consistency of raw, investigating and resolving quality issues quickly and effectively.
- Experience of contract management and tender process
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Business, Economics or Maths ideally
- Demonstrate strong communication, negotiation and organisational skills
- Possess tactical and Strategic procurement ability
- Experience in the purchasing of chemicals or raw materials is essential
- Experience of working ideally within oil & gas, or the chemical or Raw Materials industry