£32000 - £36000 per annum
29 days ago
Our client is a Major Market Leader, with a strong brand presence and with continual growth throughout its business. They are now seeking a Buyer primarily responsible, for working with the Fleet & Shore based technical teams, your role will be the tactical and strategic sourcing, negotiation and purchase of urgent, priority & routing operational Goods including obsolete, one off and infrequently purchased spare parts and consumables. You will ensure quality, service levels, price and supply logistics meet our commercial and internal customers' needs.
Working with the technical teams your role will include, negotiation and purchase of urgent, priority & routine operational Goods including obsolete, spare parts and consumables.
Your additional responsibilities will include:
- Support the Category Buyer and Operational Teams, implementing defined Sourcing Strategies, with suppliers on major equipment
- Carry out supplier management ensuring items are tracked & root cause of failures identified and handled
- Instigate and conduct supplier meetings where appropriate
- Ensure timely interaction with the logistics team to make certain Goods are transported through the logistics network in a cost efficient manner
- 4 years+ experience ideally, in sourcing, preferably within an engineering, mechanical environment
- Knowledge of purchasing systems and processes
- MS-Office with strong Excel skills.
- You will be a strong negotiator able to see opportunities and positively influence supplier relationships and performance
- Adaptable in approach and keen to progress